Importing And Exporting Coffee To The Philippines: Vietnam and the Philippines are members of the ASEAN bloc with AFTA trade agreements. Therefore, coffee imported and exported to the two countries will enjoy special preferential tax with ℅ form D.
Therefore, transporting coffee from Vietnam to the Philippines is very interesting. The Philippines market is the market that exports should be directed to for items such as rice, iron and steel, mechanical equipment, and garment products from plastic …
Let’s find out how to import and export coffee to The Philippines with Helena Coffee Vietnam!
Importing And Exporting Coffee To The Philippines
Step 1: Through this article, you will clearly understand the situation of seaports in the host country to choose the best import-export solution suitable to your current production and business needs.
Step 2: We will make preliminary statistics of the steps that need to be taken to complete the entire import-export process by the provisions of the Vietnamese legal system in particular, as well as international import-export practices in general.
List Of Airports In The Philippines
List Of Seaports In The Philippines
- Sea freight for Manila:
- Ho Chi Minh – Manila:
- Shipping time for containers from Ho Chi Minh – Manila: 14 days
- Sea freight a:
- Hai Phong – Manila:
- Shipping time for containers from Hai Phong – Manila: 7 days
- Ho Chi Minh – Cebu: 5 usd/ CBM
- Retail shipping time from Ho Chi Minh – Cebu: 15 days
- Sea freight to Cebu:
- Hai Phong – Cebu: 1 usd/ CBM
- Retail shipping time from Hai Phong – Cebu: 18 days
Cagayan Of Gold
- Cargo transportation from Ho Chi Minh to Cagayan De Oro:
- Shipping time for containers from Ho Chi Minh–Cagayan De Oro: 12 days
- Cargo transportation from Hai Phong to Cagayan De Oro:
- Shipping time for containers from Hai Phong – Cagayan De Oro: 9 days
- Cargo transportation from Ho Chi Minh to Davao:
- Shipping time for containers from Ho Chi Minh – Davao: 14 days
- Cargo transportation from Hai Phong to Davao:
- Shipping time for containers from Hai Phong – Davao: 22 days
General Santos Port
- Cargo transportation from Ho Chi Minh to General Santos:
- Shipping time for containers from Ho Chi Minh – General Santos: 11 days
- Cargo transportation from Hai Phong to General Santos:
- Shipping time for containers from Hai Phong – General Santos: 17 days
Procedures For Exporting Coffee To The Philippines
To avoid errors, procedures to export coffee to foreign countries should be carried out according to the following steps:
Step 1: Apply for an export license
Previously, when Vietnamese coffee enterprises wanted to export coffee to foreign countries, they had to apply for an export license. However, according to Decision No. 57/1998/ND/CP, all enterprises are entitled to export coffee by the contents of their domestic business registration without applying for a business license.
Export business (except for items with separate management mechanisms such as rice, collectibles and antiques, artwork, explosives, books, precious stones, and pearls).
Step 2: Sign the contract, and prepare the coffee for export abroad
After obtaining a license, the next step in guiding the procedures for exporting coffee to foreign countries is to sign a contract with a foreign enterprise. Quickly collect the coffee and make them into export shipments packaging and marking with codes to distinguish coffee.
Step 3: Buy insurance for the coffee
- When transporting exported coffee abroad, risks and losses are unavoidable. Therefore, you need to buy insurance for exported coffee to ensure the best safety for your coffee.
- Currently, you can easily buy insurance for exported coffee at insurance companies.
Step 4: Rent a means of transport
- The choice of means of transport is critical in exporting
- Renting a means of transportation is one of the essential steps in exporting coffee abroad. Therefore, when renting a means of transportation, you need to base on the following factors:
- Based on the coffee export contract terms, such as delivery facilities, quantity, etc.
- Based on the characteristics of exported coffee: What type of coffee, how much weight, size, storage conditions, etc.
- It would be best to determine whether the coffee exported abroad is standard or special, bulk or contastandarded unique transport conditions—good one-way transport, two-way, regular or special route transportation, continuous or trip transportation, etc.
- From there, it is possible to choose the appropriate means of transport, be it road, sea, rail, or air.
Step 5: Do customs procedures
- Customs clearance for importing and exporting coffee abroad is one of the mandatory regulations for all types of coffee. The steps for customs clearance are as follows:
- Customs declaration: You are responsible for making a complete and detailed declaration of the coffee in the most honest way on the customs declaration for the customs office to check based on that.
- Presenting the coffee: You need to arrange the coffee in an order that is most convenient in controlling and giving the coffee.
- Implement other decisions of customs authorities.
Step 6: Delivery on board
- To carry out procedures to export coffee abroad by sea, you need to note the following:
- Based on the detailed information about the coffee, register the freight, then give it to the carrier in exchange for a loading number.
- Talk to the port dispatching department to know when the coffee is loading.
- After delivering the coffee on board, you receive a receipt from the mate in exchange for a bill of lading and a contract of carriage.
- In the case of carrying out procedures to export coffee to foreign countries delivered by container, you need to rent a container. You must make a detailed list of coffee in the container if the quantity of coffee is not packed in one container (LCL).
- You must do a “Registration of Carriage” with the transport company. After the registration is accepted, you deliver the coffee to the carrier.
Step 7: Make payment procedures
- Clearing the payment is the result of all transactions in the export business.
- Note: Payment documents need to be made accurately, and per the contract the two parties have made. After the payment voucher, you must go to the bank to submit the payment procedure.
- E-chem is committed to supporting customers to complete import and export procedures quickly.
- As seen, procedures for exporting and importing coffee abroad must go through many complicated steps. Therefore, you must be careful to avoid errors affecting the work progress.
Ocean Freight From Vietnam To the Philippines
When exporting coffee to the Philippines, the exporter should note whether freight from Vietnam to the Philippines certificate of origin (℅ form D) can be done.
Freight from Vietnam to the Philippines :
For shipping from Vietnam to the Philippines, there are two main modes of transportation:
Firstly, Shipping coffee from Vietnam to the Philippines by sea:
For shipping by sea, main routes such as Ho Chi Minh (Cat Lai, Vict …), Hai Phong, and Da Nang to major Philippines cities (Davao, Manila, CEBU, SUBIC BAY …)
Most shipping schedules for transporting coffee from Vietnam to the Philippines are mainly transit through Singapore, Hong Kong, and Kaohsiung… Therefore, the transit time is relatively long, from 5 -14 days.
Train schedule and freight from Ho Chi Minh (Cat Lai, Vict, Cai Mep …), Hai Phong, Da Nang to the Philippines (Davao, Manila, CEBU, SUBIC BAY…).
As for the train schedule and freight from Vietnam to the Philippines, the most important thing is to go straight or to transship, the distance between the two countries is pretty close, but the direct route is minimal.
Shipping coffee from Vietnam to the Philippines by air
Air freight has two forms: Air freight to the Philippines through express delivery and shipping from Vietnam to the Philippines by regular air.
The freight rates for shipping coffee from Vietnam to the Philippines by air do not fluctuate from time to time, so to know the freight rates, don’t hesitate to contact our company hotline or Hotmail to inquire about your shipment.
Issue Certificate of Origin Form D Paper And Electronic Version Export To The Philippines
The Certificate of Origin, CO-Certificate of Origin, is based on the Free Trade Agreement signed multilaterally or bilaterally. The CO form used for the free trade agreement between ASEAN countries (AFTA) is CO setup D.
Accordingly, coffee of Vietnamese origin exported to the remaining Southeast Asian countries will enjoy export tax—preferential import. In contrast, many coffees imported into Vietnam are also entitled to preferential tax rates if they present CO form D.
However, at present, only some import and export people understand what CO form D (Form D) is and how it is issued. Incredibly shortly, the electronic application for CO form D will be implemented. By applying for CO from D of TTL logistics, customers will not have to worry about where and how to use CO, whether the cost is expensive, etc.
What is CO form D?
CO form D is a certificate of origin applicable to coffee exported from Vietnam to Southeast Asian countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand).
Having CO, businesses will get many benefits: proving the origin of coffee and the quality of products; help importers reduce taxes. Thereby increasing business competitiveness.
What content does CO form D show?
First, we need to know what CO form D contains about import and export coffee. From there, the basic visualization of the CO form D application process can be obtained in paper and electronic versions. CO from D shows the following contents:
Boxes 1 and 2: show seller (exporter) and buyer (importer) information, respectively. This information must match the Invoice and bill of lading.
Box 3: Mode of transport and means of transportation: by sea, air, or road.
Box 4: For the authorities of the importing country (For Offical use): the coffee is entitled to preferential treatment (Preferent treatment given) or not allowed to preferential treatment (Preferent treatment not shown).
Box 5: Order number of coffee
Box 6: Marks and numbers on packages
Box 7: Description of coffee. Including quantity, volume, packing specifications, HS code
Box 8: Criteria of origin is pure or not pure
Box 9: Show the quantity and FOB value of the shipment
Box 10: Commercial invoice number and date (invoice). We need to check carefully because this is a critical reference parameter
Box 11: name of exporting and importing country, place, and date of CO application, together with the stamp of the company applying for CO
Box 12: Signature and seal signed by CO approval officer.
Box 13: Show other contents (others):
– Third country invoicing: third country bill
– Back-to-back CO: Back-to-back C/O
– Issued retroactively: C/O cấp sau
– Accumulation: the total cumulative criterion
– De minimis: De Minimis criterion (flexibility)
– Partial cumulation: adding each part
– Exhibitions: coffee for exhibitions
Regulations on applying for CO form D: paper and electronic versions
Currently, there are two forms to apply for CO form D: paper version and electronic version. The actual content of the article and electronic CO form D is the same. However, there are differences in how the application is prepared and the documents it prepares.
- Please issue CO form D paper version
The process of steps to apply for a paper copy of CO form D
Step 1: Declare the system on the Ministry of Industry and Trade website: http://ecosys.gov.vn. If the business still needs to register as a trader, preparing a merchant profile and applying for an account on the Ecosys system is necessary.
Step 2: Get the order number and wait to be called at the appropriate counter
Step 3: Apply to the receiving officer. The application for a CO will be checked and consulted by the staff.
Step 4: Issue C/O number, get CO data from the Website
Step 5: Officer signs and approves CO
Step 6: CO is stamped. The management agency keeps one copy, a valid CO returns for the applicant.
The time to get the CO form D paper version is 1-2 working days from receipt of the documents.
What are the documents required for a paper application form D?
Exporting enterprises must submit a complete set of dossiers as follows at the Import-Export Management Department, Ministry of Industry and Trade :
– Application for issuance of C/O: Export from Ecosy system
– Ecosys/Comis: Export from Ecosy system
– Export declaration: Sign and stamp round wood
– Barcode: Sign and seal round wood
– Invoice: Sign and stamp Round carpentry stamping
– Packing List: Signing and stamping round carpentry
– Bill Of Lading: Signing and stamping round carpentry
– List of materials and accessories: Signing and stamping round carpentry
– Consumption norms of raw materials: Sign and close Round carpentry stamp
– Production process: Sign and seal round carpentry
– Import declaration and input invoice: Sign and stamp round carpentry
- Apply for CO form D electronic version.
For coffee exported from Vietnam to countries: Cambodia, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand, the electronic CO form D is currently being applied.
When applying for CO form D electronic version, there is a note that all information must be declared in English or select the fields available on the Ecosys system. After logging in to the Ecosys system, businesses follow the instructions. Here is some mandatory information:
– Importing country: importing country
– Export DeclarationNumber and Export Declaration Attached: Enter the number of the customs declaration and attach it
– Good consigned from export business information about name, address
– Good consigned to import business information about name and address
– Transport Type: mode of transport
– Port of Loading: select the available port on the system. In case it is not available, it can be added later
– Port of Discharge: select the discharge port available on the system
– Vessel’s Name/Aircraft etc., and Transportation document attached: Vessel’s Name and Bill of Lading (if any)
– Departure date: The date the train runs
– Coffee: Select Add item and fill in the information according to the instructions on the screen.
After entering all the necessary information, the system requires the enterprise to sign the approval to send it to the Import-Export Management Department. After the application is approved and the electronic CO is successfully issued, the eCoSys System automatically sends the published C/O data to the ASEAN Member States through the National Single Window. Shippers (exporters and importers) can check the validity by accessing the Asean one-stop system.
Instructions for looking up electronic CO form D
From August 1, 2021, the General Department of Customs has implemented the function of looking up electronic CO online. This system helps exporters and related partners to check quickly and conveniently. The search link is as follows: https://khaibaohoso.vnsw.gov.vn/common/COFormDTracking. Or businesses can access the 1-stop system (address https://vnsw.gov.vn) to look up.