Collaborative Coffee Production Program for Farmers: Helena., JSC has spent years working with farmers to create a cooperative program for clean coffee production. The company has become a dependable partner for farmers looking to adopt a sustainable and clean coffee production model based on the 4C criteria.Helena., JSC helps coffee farmers stabilize output, improve quality, increase product value and profit per unit area, and partner with international organizations to support needy farmers.
Coffee Production Program for Farmers
Coffee Farmers Cooperative
A coffee cooperative is a group of coffee producers who join forces to gain better access to resources, marketing and business opportunities, training, and other benefits. Members typically pay a fee that is reinvested back into the coffee community. Many large cooperatives employ full-time staff in administration, marketing, education, research, and other areas.
The Collaborative Coffee Production Program for Farmers aims to create a mutually beneficial partnership between farmers and organizations that support sustainable and ethical coffee production practices. This program helps farmers adopt sustainable and environmentally friendly practices while ensuring a stable income and fair working conditions. In return, organizations gain access to high-quality coffee that meets international sustainability and ethical production standards.
Critical aspects of the Collaborative Coffee Production Program for Farmers include:
- Education and Training: Farmers participating in the program receive training on sustainable farming practices, such as water and soil conservation, integrated pest management, and organic farming techniques. This knowledge helps them improve the quality of their coffee while reducing their environmental impact.
- Access to Resources: The program provides farmers with access to resources, such as improved seed varieties, farming equipment, and technical assistance, to help them optimize their coffee production and increase yields.
- Fair Pricing and Market Access: Farmers in the program are guaranteed a reasonable price for their coffee, which ensures a stable income and enables them to invest in their farms and communities. Additionally, the program helps farmers access global markets, increasing their opportunities for economic growth.
- Community Development: The Collaborative Coffee Production Program encourages farmers to work together, forming cooperatives or associations to pool resources, share knowledge, and negotiate better terms with buyers. This collaboration strengthens communities and enhances their resilience to climate change and market fluctuations.
- Environmental Conservation: The program emphasizes protecting natural resources and ecosystems. Participating farmers are encouraged to implement practices that preserve biodiversity, reduce deforestation, and minimize the use of harmful chemicals.
By participating in the Collaborative Coffee Production Program for Farmers, coffee growers can improve their livelihoods, protect the environment, and contribute to the global effort to promote sustainable and ethical coffee production. Organizations supporting this initiative can offer their customers high-quality, ethically sourced coffee, contributing to a more sustainable and equitable coffee industry.
Fairtrade Coffee Cooperatives: Supporting Sustainable and Ethical Coffee Production
Fairtrade coffee cooperatives are crucial in promoting sustainable and ethical coffee production practices. By working together, coffee farmers gain better access to resources, improved marketing and business opportunities, training, and other benefits that contribute to the overall well-being of their communities.
Fairtrade certification ensures that coffee farmers receive a fair price for their products, which helps them invest in their farms, communities, and families. In addition, Fairtrade cooperatives adhere to strict environmental and social standards, including:
- Fair pricing: Farmers are paid a minimum price for their coffee, which covers the costs of sustainable production. They also receive a Fairtrade Premium, an additional sum farmers can invest in community development projects and farm improvements.
- Environmental sustainability: Fairtrade cooperatives are required to follow environmentally friendly practices, such as minimizing the use of harmful chemicals, conserving natural resources, and protecting local ecosystems.
- Labor rights and working conditions: Fairtrade standards ensure that workers are treated fairly, with decent wages, safe working conditions, and the right to join trade unions or other worker organizations.
- Community development: The Fairtrade Premium funds projects that improve the quality of life for farmers and their communities, such as building schools, healthcare facilities, and infrastructure.
By supporting Fairtrade coffee cooperatives, consumers can enjoy high-quality coffee while positively impacting the lives of coffee farmers and their communities. By choosing Fairtrade-certified coffee, you contribute to a more sustainable and ethical coffee industry, helping create a brighter future for coffee farmers worldwide.
Coffee Production Cooperation Program for Farmers
This innovative program has shifted the mindset from small, fragmented production to a linked, concentrated, and sustainable coffee production process that meets international standards for export. In the 2021-2022 crop year alone, Helena., JSC has assisted 75 farming households in the Central Highlands region, helping them sell over 500 tons of clean coffee to international clients.
To fulfill an additional 500 tons of clean coffee for the company’s upcoming orders, Helena., JSC invites farmers to participate in the program by following the clean coffee processing standards provided by the company. The processing process involves four stages:
- Harvest: Handpick only fully mature coffee cherries (96% to 100% maturity).
- Grading: Classify coffee cherries, ensuring they meet legal maturity requirements, and remove any impurities.
- Processing: Helena offers two processing methods, one involving skin charging and incubation and the other involving sun-drying, followed by hulling.
- Storage: Store coffee beans in a clean, well-ventilated space, away from direct sunlight and excessive heat.
Helena is committed to collaborating with farmers to enhance their quality of life and the quality of the products they bring to the market.
To join the clean coffee production partnership, farmers can register using the provided form or contact Helena directly through the following:
HELENA PRODUCTION TRADING AND DEVELOPMENT JOINT STOCK COMPANY