Manual roasting and grinding coffee with a pan and mortar (espresso)
The method of manual coffee roasting at home, roasting coffee with a pan and grinding and pounding coffee with a pestle and mortar, is the most popular ever.
However, this manual method will take a lot of time and effort, requires the roaster’s meticulousness and care, and must be stirred continuously to cook the coffee evenly, so this is the most suitable method for roasting In small quantities.
How to roast coffee with a pan at home is carried out as follows:
- Step 1: Prepare coffee beans and other tools such as a stove, wooden spoon, and thick bottom pan.
- Step 2: Turn on the low heat, put the pan on, let the pan heat up and then pour in the coffee beans.
- Step 3: Use a wooden spoon to stir, continuously let the coffee beans slowly absorb the heat, and cook evenly.
- Step 4: When the coffee beans turn light brown, turn up the heat to high, stir until the coffee beans turn dark brown, then turn off the stove.
- Step 5: Immediately pour the coffee into a clean tray or basket, and use a fan to blow it off quickly, keeping the coffee flavor for a long time. Avoid letting the coffee stay in the pan as the hot coffee will cook more, leading to undesirable results and even burning the coffee.
- Step 6: When the coffee is completely cooled, store the coffee in an airtight bag or sealed glass container. After 24 hours, it will be ground to get the best quality coffee.
How to grind coffee manually: Put the coffee in a clean mortar and then use a pestle to grind the coffee beans to the desired smoothness to prepare and enjoy. If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, you can use a glass bottle or a roller to grind the coffee beans into powder.
Life is increasingly modern, and many new machines and equipment have been born to help optimize the cooking process to become simpler, easier, and faster, such as ovens, microwave ovens, and mortars. grinders, blenders, etc.
Therefore, many people have also created a way to roast coffee using ovens and microwaves; Grind coffee with a hand grinder with a blender. However, not every family has these types of machines and equipment.
Method of roasting by machine (coffee roasted)
Coffee roasting machines and specialized coffee grinders are the perfect solutions to help the roasting and grind large quantities of coffee take place quickly, simply, with uniform quality and guaranteed taste, much more standard than other coffee machines. With manual methods.
How to roast coffee by machine is as follows:
- Step 1: Put the coffee beans into the coffee roaster with an initial temperature of 100 degrees Celsius.
- Step 2: Observe that the coffee beans turn yellow, and increase the temperature to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Step 3: When you see the seeds shrink, increase the machine’s temperature to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Step 4: When the coffee beans turn dark yellow, increase the temperature to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Step 5: When the coffee beans turn light brown, increase the temperature to 215 degrees Celsius.
- Step 6: Increase the temperature to 220 – 235 degrees Celsius; the coffee beans secrete an oil layer that helps the surface of the beans to be shiny.
- Step 7: Increase the temperature to 240 degrees Celsius; the coffee beans turn dark brown, then turn off the machine, remove the coffee, and quickly cool it down. After the coffee is roasted, leave it for 24 hours to grind it.
- Step 8: Put the roasted coffee beans into the coffee container on the coffee grinder, turn on the machine start button, and turn the coarse or fine grind adjustment knob, depending on your needs.
Currently, on the market, there are mini coffee roasters suitable for households or small coffee shops and large-capacity industrial coffee roasters up to weights for coffee processing factories. Coffee production and processing plants.