Semi Washed – wet processing is also known by some other names such as:
- Honeyed Coffee – Honey processing technique
- Hybrid Process – Hybrid Method
Coffee terms about Processing | The process you should know is as follows:
- Ethyl Acetate (EA) – Decaffeinated Solvent
- Fresh Coffee
- Methylene chloride (MC) – Decaffeinated Solvent
- Natural process – Dry processing
- Natural processed – Natural processing
- Sorting / Grading – Particle Classification
- Vacuum Cham – Vacuum Chamber
- Washed Coffee – Wet Processing
Semi Washed is a coffee processing technique similar to wet processing
In which the coffee, after being harvested and sorted, will be put into the husking machine to remove the rind, retain a part of the mucilage, and then dry it without going through the fermentation process.
The remaining mucilage on the coffee beans will change color from clear to amber, dark brown like honey, which is also known as the honey processing method.